- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add broth and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until lentils and rice are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p33
Reviews for Spicy Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2010
"nothing special. it's okay tasting, has enough flavor. easy to prep. i just wasn't impressed."