Spicy Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced and seeded
- 1 package (6-1/4 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, cumin and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onions and green peppers; saute until crisp-tender.
- 2. Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet. Stir in the jalapenos, rice and rice seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 287 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Rice Casserole
"My kids love this "spicy rice", and ask for it by name! I have used long-grain white rice, and adjusted the cooking time to 15 minutes. It comes out fine with ground beef, too, but the sausage is really fantastic. Kind of like a deconstructed stuffed pepper recipe, easily adaptable, and a keeper!"