Spicy Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced and seeded
- 1 package (6.20 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage, cumin and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onions and green peppers; saute until crisp-tender. Dissolve bouillon in water; add to skillet. Stir in jalapenos, rice and rice seasoning packet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until water is absorbed, 5-10 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 287 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 997mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Rice Casserole
"My kids love this "spicy rice", and ask for it by name! I have used long-grain white rice, and adjusted the cooking time to 15 minutes. It comes out fine with ground beef, too, but the sausage is really fantastic. Kind of like a deconstructed stuffed pepper recipe, easily adaptable, and a keeper!"