Spicy Ribbon Potato Chips Recipe
You won't settle for store-bought chips again after munching these crispy deep-fried snacks. Seasoned with chili powder and cayenne pepper, the zippy paper-thin chips are surefire crowd-pleasers. -Sue Murphy, Greenwood, Michigan
- 4 medium unpeeled baking potatoes
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 cups ice water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes lengthwise into very thin strips. Place in a large bowl; add 3 teaspoons salt and ice water. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic salt, cayenne and remaining salt; set aside.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cook potatoes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Ribbon Potato Chips in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p29
Reviews for Spicy Ribbon Potato Chips(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Chips >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fried Potatoes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >