Spicy Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
We look forward to fall in anticipation of making these spicy pumpkin seeds. I often put some in a decorated jar to give as a gift.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Combine the salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- 2. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil. Spread pumpkin seeds in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC