Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
We look forward to fall in anticipation of making these spicy pumpkin seeds. I often put some in a decorated jar to give as a gift.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with oil, Worcestershire sauce
- and hot pepper sauce. Combine the salt, paprika, cumin and cayenne;
- sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50
- minutes or until lightly browned and dry, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.