My husband is a lifelong veggie hater, but he tried these deep-fried pumpkin bites and fell in love. Serve them with chipotle mayo or ranch dressing. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Chipotle mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. If desired, serve with chipotle mayonnaise. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Pumpkin Fritters in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p84
Reviews for Spicy Pumpkin Fritters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review