- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Pumpkin & Corn Soup
Sort By :
"Unfortunately I don't understand the rave reviews. It was very bland to me even after adding nutmeg & cayenne pepper. It had heat but no flavor :("
"This soup is amazing! I like very thick soups so I usually add extra black beans. Sometimes I add some cooked chicken. It also works well to mix it up in the evening and put it in the crock pot in the morning for a great lunch at work."
"Delicious and very simple to make! A big hit with a group."
"This soup is delicious and is so easy to make. I made it exactly as indicated, using Rotel's diced tomatoes with mild chilies since my husband doesn't like anything real spicy. I normally keep these ingredients on hand in my pantry, so it will be easy to whip up at a moments notice. It was a real hit and I'm going to add this to my regular recipe rotation."
"This is a great, quick and nutricious soup! To make it into a hearty meal I added a can of chiicken and mixed veggies. Highly recommend using spicy diced tomatoes and green chiliis such as Rotel. This gives it the much needed kick my family loves! This speedy soup will take about as much time to make as to heat oven and make corn bread sticks. With an additonal tossed salad--- - dinner is on the table in no time!!!"