Spicy Praline Cashews
This sweet-and-spicy snack makes an appearance at all of my holiday gatherings. As guests mingle and nibble on the cashews, I follow behind re-filling the bowls!Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups unsalted cashews, toasted
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and
- vinegar. Cook, without stirring, until mixture turns a golden amber
- color, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the salt,
- cumin and cayenne. Add cashews; stir until blended. Cool on waxed
- paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 298 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.