Spicy Potato Soup Recipe
This recipe originally came courtesy of my sister-in-law, who is from Mexico. But since she prefers her foods much spicier that we do, I've cut back on the "heat" by reducing the amount of hot pepper sauce.— Audrey Wall, Industry, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 5 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-in. cubes)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, onion and tomato sauce. Stir in the water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC