Spicy Potato Salad Recipe
This is a great potluck or picnic dish. It's always gobbled up quickly. One of the best things is that it's easy to prepare.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 6 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cubed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, onion powder and cumin; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in the corn, olives, cilantro and peppers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC