- 6 large red potatoes (about 3 pounds), cubed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, onion powder and cumin; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the corn, olives, cilantro and peppers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Potato Salad in Country June/July 2001, p49
Reviews for Spicy Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2010
"I often make this recipe because I submitted it, and it was a winner. It's great for picnics and potlucks when weather is warm since it isn't mayonnaise based. Donna Lefurgey, AZ"