Spicy Pork with Noodles Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and ginger in canola oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add pork; cook until juices run clear. Drain.
- 2. Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes. Add noodles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup equals 315 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.