Spicy Pork with Noodles
Ginger and red pepper flakes perk up this flavorful pork dish from Ann Van Tassell of Albuquerque, New Mexico. ”I’ve been making this quick pasta dish for years,“ says Ann. ”It’s convenient because the noodles don’t need to be boiled separately.“
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and ginger in canola oil
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add pork; cook until
- juices run clear. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- Add noodles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with
- remaining onions. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 315 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,