- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and ginger in canola oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add pork; cook until juices run clear. Drain.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes. Add noodles and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 3 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Pork with Noodles
"We have made this a few times since the magazine came out. We really like it, but add a shredded carrot and about a cup of shredded green cabbage with the green onions in the first step."
"What a great combination of flavors!"
"My family absolutely loves pork and pasta and they think this dish is a keeper. I agree, this is a recipe I want."