Spicy Pork with Ginger-Maple Sauce Recipe
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon diced crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cinnamon, pepper, salt and allspice. Rub over pork. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add fresh ginger; saute 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in the broth, syrup and candied ginger. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Pour over pork.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Pork with Ginger-Maple Sauce(4)
Sort By :
Easy and unbelievably good. I didn't have chicken broth but white wine worked perfectly. All 6 family members give this a unanimous thumbs up.
This was fantastic. I've made LOTS of different things over the past few months following recipes online, trying to find meal ideas that I really like. This is possibly the nicest one yet, def the best way I've eaten pork! I did double everything because made for four, all except the maple syrup because didn't want it overly sweet. Had it with mashed potatoes and vegetables, lovely! :)
This was SO delicious! I doubled the ginger-maple sauce which was extra tasty.
I found that the sauce burned the first time I made this. The second time I made it, I waited until the internal temperature of the meat was 150 degrees before I put the sauce on the meat. Then the sauce did not burn. Either way, my significant other thinks this is the best meal he has ever eaten!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >