Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Rub pork with oil. Combine the pepper, paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne; rub over pork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mango, cilantro, lime juice and honey; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups salsa).
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup salsa equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.