- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rub pork with oil. Combine the pepper, paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne; rub over pork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, cilantro, lime juice and honey; serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups salsa).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa
"My husband and I really liked this. The mango salsa balanced the spiciness of the pork perfectly."
"I love hot and spicy so that didn't bother me at all about this meal. I have never cooked using "indirect" heat and although I got the concept right I think I should have used a bunch more charcoal because as soon as I scooted it around to make room for the drip pan it began to go out...so I had to bring it in and finish it in the oven. I paired this with hot & zesty quinoa and a baked sweet potato...it was really enjoyable!"
"yes, it was pretty spicy, but the salsa really helps to cool it down. If you're not afraid of a little heat, this recipe is great healthy choice. Definitely has flavor!"
"This recipe was entirely too spicy for my family and we aren't afraid of a little spice! It just wasn't our favorite, would I make it again with less spice? Probably not. I had high hopes for this meal, but it didn't deliver."