“My healthy prep-ahead skewers are easy to grill at the last minute, making them handy for time-pressed days. Red pepper flakes add a nice bite. Serve with steamed rice or broccoli.” —Dawn E. Bryant, Hershey, Nebraska
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a blender, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork cubes onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Tenderloin Skewers in Country Woman April/May 2008, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review