Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- SPICE RUB:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; gradually whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate vinaigrette. Combine the salt, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder and pepper; rub over meat.
- 2. In a ovenproof skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil, about 8 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, garlic and hot pepper sauce; spread over meat.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Toss spinach with vinaigrette. Arrange spinach on four salad plates; top with sliced pork. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1-3/4 cups spinach equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.