Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad Recipe
A friend served this curry-flavored salad at a luncheon, and I tweaked it to fit our tastes. Since it's a meal in one, it's perfect for weeknights, and the presentation makes it ideal for entertaining. Pat Sellon of Monticello, Wisconsin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- SPICE RUB:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; gradually whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate vinaigrette. Combine the salt, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder and pepper; rub over meat.
- In a ovenproof skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil, about 8 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, garlic and hot pepper sauce; spread over meat.
- Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss spinach with vinaigrette. Arrange spinach on four salad plates; top with sliced pork. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >