Spicy Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- Boston lettuce leaves or hot cooked rice
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Cut the pork into 1/8-in. wide slices; cut each slice into 3-in. strips. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, salt, sugar, ginger and cayenne. Add pork; toss to coat and set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion, carrot and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry pork over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink. Add onion mixture and peas; heat through. Serve in lettuce cups or over rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.