- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Roast
"I did not 'cover and refrigerate overnight' and it was very good. Next time I'll think ahead and refrigerate over night."
"I put the rub on and put it in the oven rift away. It was delicious. My family loved it. It has a great flavor and the pork was very moist. I will definitely make this again."