I work in a kitchen preparing lunch for the students at a small private school. I enjoy cooking and entertaining friends and family. My husband and I often cook the meals together for these gatherings.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Pork Roast in Country October/November 1997, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review