Spicy Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Roast(3)
Sort By :
I made the rub to put on chicken breasts to take to a party hosted by our male principal. I thought I'd double the batch and give it to him as a host gift. He loved and it was delicious on the chicken! I did cut the pepper in half, however. Thanks for the great recipe!
I did not 'cover and refrigerate overnight' and it was very good. Next time I'll think ahead and refrigerate over night.
I put the rub on and put it in the oven rift away. It was delicious. My family loved it. It has a great flavor and the pork was very moist. I will definitely make this again.