- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in butter in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley, pork and, if desired, hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 15 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Chili with White Beans
"This was a hit. I forgot to put in the 2 cups of water and I used regular pork loin instead of tenderloin and it works just fine. With the length of time it takes to cook, the meat gets very tender. Next time I think I might try it in the slow cooker."
"I have made this many times. It's my favorite chili. I halved the recipe as there are just 3 of us. Also, for the people that say it's too many beans, just leave out a can or two. And it tastes best if you follow the recipe and use a fresh pork tenderloin, not a left over piece of meat."
"Very good, although, I used 2 lb. of pork,"
"I think of this more as a recipe for beans with pork than a chili, the best darn bean recipe I've ever tasted. We have made this many times. It's great with pepper jack cheese on top & a nice crusty bread for sopping. Try this recipe you won't be disappointed."
"My husband goes nuts for this chili. Infact he's stopped making his read meat chili cause he says this one is the tops!"