Spicy Pork Chili with White Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in butter in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley, hot pepper sauce if desired and pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Spicy Pork Chili with White Beans(8)
Sort By :
This was a hit. I forgot to put in the 2 cups of water and I used regular pork loin instead of tenderloin and it works just fine. With the length of time it takes to cook, the meat gets very tender. Next time I think I might try it in the slow cooker.
I have made this many times. It's my favorite chili. I halved the recipe as there are just 3 of us. Also, for the people that say it's too many beans, just leave out a can or two. And it tastes best if you follow the recipe and use a fresh pork tenderloin, not a left over piece of meat.
Very good, although, I used 2 lb. of pork,
I meant to say could get away with using a pork loin roast!
Way too many beans and a waste of pork tenderloin. You get away with using pork loin roast, it would taste the same. I was disappointed in this recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Pork Chili >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >