Spicy Pork 'n' Peanuts Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 small sweet yellow peppers, julienned
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place pork in a bowl, drizzle with 2 tablespoons soy sauce; set aside. In another bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and remaining soy sauce until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork, onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes. Add peppers; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in peanuts. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups meat mixture) equals 432 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Pork 'n' Peanuts
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer