Suzanne Veverka, a field editor from White Cloud, Michigan, suggests, "This flavorful fruit sauce is delicious over pork or poultry. The pepper gives it a little kick."—Suzanne Veverka, White Cloud, Michigan
- 4 pounds fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a blender or food processor, process the plums, onion and garlic in batches until smooth. Transfer to a Dutch oven. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 60-90 minutes or until reduced by a third.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 9 half-pints.
Originally published as Spicy Plum Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p8
Reviews for Spicy Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review