Spicy Pineapple Spread
Want a sweet-and-spicy treat? Set out my spread! It features a delicious mixture of warm fruit preserves, zesty horseradish and mustard, which you pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 4 to 5 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 to 5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, combine jelly, preserves, horseradish and mustard.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon over cream cheese. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: about 2/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 252 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.