- 12 medium tomatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add tomatoes, a few at a time; boil 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place tomatoes in ice water. Drain and pat dry; peel and chop.
- In a stockpot, combine remaining ingredients. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or to desired thickness.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into seven hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 pint jars.
Originally published as Spicy Pineapple Salsa in Country Woman August/September 2011, p49
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spicy Pineapple Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >