Spicy Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute green pepper and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Dissolve bouillon in hot water; stir into skillet with tomatoes. Return beef to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 282 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Pepper Steak
"Amazingly simple dish to prepare and tastes AWESOME! The only change I made was to use only half a can of Rotel, still delivered quite a kick. Next time though I will cut back on the cornstarch, 2 TBLS was a bit much, very thick, I added some pasta water from the egg noodles. Over all it was an awesome dish, one I will definitely make again. Thank you LaDonna!"