- 1/2 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute green pepper and onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water; stir into skillet with tomatoes. Return beef to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spicy Pepper Steak
Sort By :
"Amazingly simple dish to prepare and tastes AWESOME! The only change I made was to use only half a can of Rotel, still delivered quite a kick. Next time though I will cut back on the cornstarch, 2 TBLS was a bit much, very thick, I added some pasta water from the egg noodles. Over all it was an awesome dish, one I will definitely make again. Thank you LaDonna!"