Spicy Pepper Penne
Candace Greene of Columbiana, Ohio sure knows how to bring a bit of Sicily to the supper table! Let her zesty combination of pepperoni, pasta and peppers add a little kick to your dinner lineup.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, layer the pasta, rosemary, pepperoni,
- pepperoncini and red peppers. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add
- cream and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.