- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, layer the pasta, rosemary, pepperoni, pepperoncini and red peppers. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add cream and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Pepper Penne
"quick and easy"
"Quick and easy dish for a last-minute or weeknight meal! I substituted arrabiata sauce for the cream--it kept it lighter and added a little more spice. Delicious! It will definitely be a family staple."
"My boys favorite dish. The one thing I must make every time they are home from college."
"Great recipe! The whole family loves it. One of our favorites. We have even added chicken to it-it's delicious!"
"We LOVE this recipe just as written. It is our teenage boy's favorite and most requested recipe. So easy and tasty!"
"We love this dish but changed the pepperoni to cooked italian sausage. This seem to cut down on the greasyness."