Spicy Peanuts Recipe
It’s always nice to have something simple for guests to nibble on while mingling. These special peanuts are just the thing. Crushed red pepper flakes and chili powder turn up the heat on this classic party fare.—Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) Spanish peanuts (skin on)
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large heavy skillet, heat oil and pepper flakes over medium heat for 1 minute. Add peanuts and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt; toss to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 246 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Peanuts
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC