It’s always nice to have something simple for guests to nibble on while mingling. These special peanuts are just the thing. Crushed red pepper flakes and chili powder turn up the heat on this classic party fare.—Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Featured In: Spicy Appetizers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) Spanish peanuts (skin on)
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil and pepper flakes over medium heat for 1 minute. Add peanuts and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt; toss to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Peanuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p38
Reviews for Spicy Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2012