Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 3 tablespoons marinade for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add onion and chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate sauce.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 8 appetizers.
1 kabob equals 94 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer