- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside 3 tablespoons marinade for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add onion and chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 8 appetizers.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Peanut Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
Excellent!!! A little bit too spicy for me but the rest of the family loved them.