A serving of this sweet treat is a scrumptious way to finish a meal. With oatmeal, spices and fruit filling, this dessert is as lovely as it is delicious.
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, well drained
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in an 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the oats, sugar, flour and spices. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with cream or ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Peach Crisp in Country Woman March/April 1992, p37
Reviews for Spicy Peach Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2008
"So simple and very good."