Sesame seeds are a fun addition in this savory snack mix suggested by field editor June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "Both children and adults go for this crispy combo," she assures.
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
- 10 cups Crispix
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, pretzels and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Spicy Party Mix in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p64
Reviews for Spicy Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2011
"My kids love this!"
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2010
"I LOVE this recipe!! I make mine without sesame seeds and peanuts but add cheerios and goldfish. I bake is pyrex dish (not greased) for 45-60min. (check every 15min).this really is delicious!! I am making it right now for the second time this week;-)"