Sesame seeds are a fun addition in this savory snack mix suggested by field editor June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "Both children and adults go for this crispy combo," she assures.
- 10 cups Crispix
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, pretzels and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 quarts.
Originally published as Spicy Party Mix in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p64
Reviews for Spicy Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review