VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Cook in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until browned; drain.
- In a saucepan, combine cheese, green chilies and taco seasoning; stir until well blended and the cheese melts. Add meatballs; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Party Meatballs in Country Ground Beef 1993, p6