My family loves this chicken recipe. The coating keeps the chicken nice and moist, and with the taste enhanced by marinating, the result is delicious.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine remaining ingredients; seal bag and toss to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oven Fried Chicken in Reminisce February/March 2010, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Oven Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review