- In a large saucepan, bring broth, orange juice, cayenne and saffron
- to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes
- or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat oil and buttery spread over
- medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, 1/2 cup nuts and bay leaves;
- cook and stir until onion is tender. Add mixed vegetables, garlic
- and reserved serrano pepper; cook 4-5 minutes longer. Stir in
- orange, lemon juice, peels, pepper and salt.
- Gently stir quinoa into vegetable mixture; discard bay leaves.
- Sprinkle with remaining Brazil nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 480 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 14 g protein.