- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 12 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat; saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add broccoli, onions, ginger and pepper flakes; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add beef. Stir-fry until no longer pink. Stir orange juice mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return vegetables to pan. Add oranges and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Orange Beef in Country Extra March 1998, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Spicy Orange Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review