Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup swirled milk chocolate and caramel chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar, oats, chips and coconut, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups).
- 2. To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix
"OMG, I made these but used dried cranberries instead of chocolate chips. My boyfriend ate all 12 of them in 1 day. I only got 1 :-)"
"Have given this as a gift many times. Use cinnamon chips instead of chocolate & no coconut, much better. Can make into bars as well as cookies. Everyone loves them."
"I was given these as a gift in the jar so I followed the recipe and added the egg, butter and vanilla. When all mixed up the batter was too dry and crumbly to drop by spoonfuls. Anyone else run into this? I am assuming the gifter used the correct amount of dry ingredients as she is a great cook. I think I will add a bit of milk to wet the batter, but I would like to know if this is unique to me. I was going to make some jars of this for gifts as well."
"Someone gave the cookie mix to me as a Christmas gift. It was so delicious that I had to go online and hunt down the full recipe. I will definitely make this again."
"fantastic... great hostess gift for people that don't like alcohol!"
"queenstacey, Nestle makes chips that have two flavors swirled together. and you can find this product in the supermarket with the other baking chips."
"I don't know what swirled milk chocolate & carmel chips mean. Is it one cup each of chips or a total of 2 cups for the chips"
"Really great recipe! Definitely use butter and not margarine - margarine contains water. A cookie to splurge calories on for sure, but tasty!"
"This sounds like a good receipe. I can't wait to try it.LadyFrog3"
"Morganrp, it's possible your butter was too soft (or melted). I've also had that happen when I used margerine instead of real butter (or Blue Bonnet).
"I tried this recipe this weekend and was VERY disappointed. The cookies just spread out over the entire cookie sheet and I had to scrape them off and throw them away. Any suggestion of what may be the problem?"