Brown sugar and spice and everything nice—like cinnamon, coconut, oats and chips—are layered together in pretty jars of yummy, ready-to-bake cookies. A quick and easy gift idea that's appreciated any time of year, it was shared by our Test Kitchen. Remember to include preparation instructions and a list of any additional ingredients needed with your gift tag.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup swirled milk chocolate and caramel chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar, oats, chips and coconut, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p16
Reviews for Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review