Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup swirled milk chocolate and caramel chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar, oats, chips and coconut, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (4 cups).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, beat the butter, egg and vanilla. Add cookie mix and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Spicy Oatmeal Cookie Mix
Sort By :
Have given this as a gift many times. Use cinnamon chips instead of chocolate & no coconut, much better. Can make into bars as well as cookies. Everyone loves them.
I was given these as a gift in the jar so I followed the recipe and added the egg, butter and vanilla. When all mixed up the batter was too dry and crumbly to drop by spoonfuls. Anyone else run into this? I am assuming the gifter used the correct amount of dry ingredients as she is a great cook. I think I will add a bit of milk to wet the batter, but I would like to know if this is unique to me. I was going to make some jars of this for gifts as well.
Someone gave the cookie mix to me as a Christmas gift. It was so delicious that I had to go online and hunt down the full recipe. I will definitely make this again.
fantastic... great hostess gift for people that don't like alcohol!
queenstacey, Nestle makes chips that have two flavors swirled together. and you can find this product in the supermarket with the other baking chips.