Spicy Nuts Recipe
Cayenne pepper gives nuts a bit of a kick. My son-in-law can't get enough of these.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cashews or whole unblanched almonds
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash each ground cinnamon and cloves
- 1. In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add nuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned; drain. Add the seasonings; stir to coat. Cool completely.
- 2. To serve warm, place in a baking pan. Heat at 300° for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 256 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC