Spicy Nacho Bake Recipe
I made this hearty, layered Southwestern casserole for a dinner meeting once, and now, I'm asked to bring it every time we have a potluck. Everybody loves the ground beef and bean filling, and crunchy, cheesy topping. —Anita Wilson, Mansfield, Ohio
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) spicy nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes (mixture will be thin).
- 2. In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer 5 cups of chips and 4-2/3 cups of meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top each with 4 cups of chips and 2 cups of cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (15 servings each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC