Spicy Nacho Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) spicy nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes (mixture will be thin).
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer 5 cups of chips and 4-2/3 cups of meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top each with 4 cups of chips and 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 casseroles (15 servings each).
Reviews for Spicy Nacho Bake
Sort By :
"I love nachos so I had to give this a try. It was delicious but I felt like it was still missing something. Next time I'll be adding a jar of hot salsa and and pickled jalapenos! Mmmmm"
"I tried this recipe for a potluck today and it was well-received. For our taste, I would kick it up a bit. We thought it a bit bland, but worthy enough to try to "fix it"."
"This was so easy to make. I had everything on hand but I used mild chili beans instead of hot. Topped with sour cream. My kids loved it so this is a keeper."
"I spiced it up a bit and I add Taco House Original Salad Dressing to it after it can out of the oven. Good!"
"Great Recipe! I made one small change and added Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies in place of the regular diced tomatoes just to up the spice factor a bit. I also topped the nachos with cilantro and green onions before serving. Will absolutely make these again."