When I make this mustard, I add fresh horseradish from our garden and vinegar seasoned with homegrown tarragon. —Joyce Lonsdale, Unionville, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup tarragon or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ground mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and
- process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the container and
- process for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and let stand for 10 minutes. Cook over
- low heat until bubbly, stirring constantly. Cool completely. If a
- thinner mustard is desired, stir in an additional 1-2 tablespoons
- water. Pour into small containers with tight-fitting lids. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.