Spicy Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients and spices; add to batter and mix lightly. Stir in nuts and raisins if desired; mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 12 dozen.
2 each: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Spicy Molasses Cookies
"This recipe really seems to lack something, it is bland and pretty tasteless. I was very, very disappointed."
"They are very tasty! They taste like gingerbread cookies.Yum!!!"