Spicy Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark molasses
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine dry ingredients and spices; add to batter and mix lightly. Stir in nuts and raisins if desired; mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 12 dozen.
2 each: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Molasses Cookies
"This recipe really seems to lack something, it is bland and pretty tasteless. I was very, very disappointed."
"They are very tasty! They taste like gingerbread cookies.Yum!!!"