Spicy Mixed Nuts
This different nut mix has an appealing kick, thanks to the cumin and chili powder I add. It's perfect for holiday snacking and gift giving.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mixed nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add nuts and Worcestershire sauce;
- cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- place nuts in a large bowl. Combine seasonings; sprinkle over nuts
- and toss to coat. Cool. Store in an airtight container at room
- temperature. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 751 calories, 67 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,146 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.