Spicy Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- Additional salsa, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Top with additional salsa if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.