Spicy Meat Loaf
This is not your typical meat loaf! The green chili salsa really gives it some zip, and the pork sausage combined with the beef adds variety. Meat loaves of all kinds are a favorite around here.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- Additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salsa and
- bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until no pink remains and a thermometer
- reads 160°; drain. Top with additional salsa if desired. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.